PDA

View Full Version : Bulkhead Question

Jim-ME
05-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Does anyone know for sure if a bulkhead from a S2 (1959) will fit a S2a, supposedly 1964 but a bitsa?
Jim

Bertha
05-16-2008, 10:36 PM
yes-they are the same

leafsprung
05-17-2008, 02:54 AM
they are not the same but they will fit

Jim-ME
05-17-2008, 04:02 AM
Can you tell me what the differences are?
Thanks,
Jim

Bertha
05-17-2008, 07:16 AM
The only difference I can see is the holder tubes for the door stoppers are bolted on on the s2 and they are welded on in the early 2a.
Other than that,they are the same- I am looking at both as I am writing this. There are differences in some of the parts that get bolted onto the bulkhead, like the vents are controlled by a turning knob as compared to the 2a where they are a lever, but that has nothing to do with the bulkhead itself.

leafsprung
05-17-2008, 11:32 AM
There are alot of minor assembly differences. The biggest difference is probably the doorposts which are completely different in their construction and generally made from thicker material. The have captive nuts to hold the fenders on instead of the pressed recess/spire nuts. The dipswtich is different and thus the mounting and holes for it are different. The SII bulkheads have a gaurd for the dipswitch as well and there are holes for that. The hinges for the hood are different (though that carried into the SIIA a bit and is a holdover for the series one. (The have a small helper tab to make it easier to line up the hood) There are extra holes for the various fittings that require them (horn, vent lifters, door stops) If I thought about it Im sure I could think of more but thats probably the "bulk" of it.