PDA

View Full Version : updated pictures of my 1966 88 project

1961 109 WAGON
05-18-2008, 11:35 AM
took the tropical roof off til the fall.getting a tailgate, pick up top and soft top for it (used ) in a few weeks.
runs great since i put the used engine in a few days earlier. ive adjusted the valves twice already (rods removed by old owner and didnt mark them!)
front crank pulley had a slight lip where the seal rides, well it leaks with a new seal, got the crank pulley on the way. old solex is fine, no leaks, fuel tank rusty, keeps getting crud it the lines and filters, so i put the hose into a 5 gallon can til i get a tank ($150 )

1961 109 WAGON
05-18-2008, 11:39 AM
rimmer bros stainless exhaust.:) (freeby) and nice clean quite $100 engine!:thumb-up:
is cost me around $1000 so far for the truck to get where it is ( with the truck purchase price) i have to put another $300 to get it where i want it!:rolleyes:
the generator does not work,(tested both posts with a test light) ike, i need one, i know you have hundreds laying around

Bostonian1976
05-18-2008, 12:50 PM
looking great! this is the one that was sitting for 15 yrs correct?

1961 109 WAGON
05-18-2008, 05:55 PM
yes, is was parked in late 1986 due to a heavy smoking engine. new frame was installed in 1987 (black)

Jim-ME
05-18-2008, 07:38 PM
It's coming along very nicely. You should be pleased with you efforts.
Jim

leafsprung
05-18-2008, 08:09 PM
I do have several gennys. Just drop me a note or call.

Momo
05-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Nice work getting it running for such little investment. I know how you feel- an impatience to get it going and enjoy it.

The engine is sounding more sketchy the more you tell us about it but if you've got good compression then hopefully it will hold.

That truck has a good patina! Find some cheap bias ply MT tires to throw on for the right vintage look, fold the windscreen down, and paint those wheels Rustoleum Appliance Almond and you will have the backwoods ladies eating from your hand.

daveb
05-18-2008, 10:08 PM
I think the valves will settle down after a bit of running in.

if the fuel tank is not leaking, you can always clean it out. I rinsed out mine a few times and then shook it up with some bolts and some water inside. took some doing to get all the bolts out but after doing this a few times, double rinsing, and a bottle of drygas when I was done, I had no more clogging issues.

took the tropical roof off til the fall.getting a tailgate, pick up top and soft top for it (used ) in a few weeks.
runs great since i put the used engine in a few days earlier. ive adjusted the valves twice already (rods removed by old owner and didnt mark them!)
front crank pulley had a slight lip where the seal rides, well it leaks with a new seal, got the crank pulley on the way. old solex is fine, no leaks, fuel tank rusty, keeps getting crud it the lines and filters, so i put the hose into a 5 gallon can til i get a tank ($150 )