PDA

View Full Version : Pick up top rear quarter panel windows

PH4
05-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Anyone have any advice as to the best way to remove the seals and glass on the corners of the pickup top? Started to Sunday but did not want to force it. I assume their is a "technique" to remove them. Green bible does not adress.

JSBriggs
05-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Are you replacing the seals or reusing them? If you are using new ones, a razor blade is the easiest way without damaging the glass.

-Jeff

PH4
05-20-2008, 07:49 AM
I was hoping to use the old ones but would rather sacrifice the seals than harm the glass.

Tim Smith
05-20-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm assuming that you mean the stationary windows that are in the corners. Once you pull out the rubber center fill strip, you should be able to pop the glass out with the extra room the filler strip was taking up in the seal. You'll probably need a wedge of sorts to slip the window past the rubber lip. Use plastic or wood as a wedge, not a metal screwdriver and use soapy water as your lubricant.

If you can't get the rubber to flex at all, then you might need to replace them.

By the way, after doing this job you will realize at least one thing. You can't lock your keys in the truck no matter how often you lock your keys in the truck. :p

Momo
05-20-2008, 10:07 PM
When you are ready for seals just get the generic US made seals
like they put in Chevy 5 window pickups. They are far better and about
an eighth the price of gen-you-wine