PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Series Seats

Apis Mellifera
05-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Does anyone know where to get these seats in the US?

http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/erol.html#700X4779

Really, I only need new covers. Conversley, if anyone has or knows of used seats...

Bertha
05-19-2008, 04:01 PM
whatever you do, dont deal with them direct, they are a nightmare. I have given them 3 chances and they still cant get it right.

TeriAnn
05-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Does anyone know where to get these seats in the US?

British Pacific is an Exmoor trim retailer. The have some stuff in stock but may have to special order parts. They can at least take the hassle out of dealing directly with exmoor.

Jim-ME
05-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Mine came from Atlantic British but I'm not sure if they are Exmoor or not.
Jim

Momo
05-19-2008, 07:17 PM
If all you need is new vinyl I think you'd be better off going to an auto upholstery shop and spec'ing them out. You will probably spend less in the end and get a superior product.

My biggest complaint with exmoor seats is that they are understuffed, so long drives are literally a pain in the butt. They just aren't supportive enough. If the cushion was thicker it would take the strain off the legs and knees. I'm 6 feet, 185 lbs so it's not like I'm crushing them.

Also, the frame work in the seat backs is flimsy (I have the highback model). My next seats will be made to order or I'll build them up myself.

One other thing I'd recommend is to make canvas duck covers. I cut up one of my old soft tops and used upholstery nails to fit the canvas over the vinyl. It's extremely durable, you don't stick to it in the summer, and it's not chilly in the winter!

VTRover
05-20-2008, 07:47 AM
I've had many dealings with Exmoor. They are very nice people but bying things from them is trying at best. I think RN can special order Exmoor seats, etc. The picture below shows my Exmoor Canvas Seats (not covers the entire seat) and the rear jumpseat canvas seat covers. They are AWESOME.

http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/solihull/original/nantucketred.jpg

TedW
05-20-2008, 07:52 AM
IMO you are better off taking a set of original seats (the frames tend to be much stronger than those in aftermarket seats) and having them reupholstered at an auto upholstery shop. That's what I did and I'm very happy. They can juice up the cushions and use a good grade of vinyl. They will look original but will be more comfortable and last much longer.

Apis Mellifera
05-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the info guys!

PH4
05-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Does anyone have an opinion as to installing Defender seats in a Series? Comfort of Defender seats? Good source for Defender seats.

greenmeanie
05-20-2008, 09:29 AM
If you don't mind going to the other side Jeep seats can be made to fit very successfully. I've got Bestop Trailmax Pros in my 88. Very comfortable.

Cheers
Gregor

PH4
05-20-2008, 10:53 AM
This brings up a question. For those of you such as Mercedesrover and Terri Ann and others who have logged long miles in Series what in your opinion is the best seat for a Series? I am asking in regard to Land Rover seats or Aftermarket seats for Land Rover. Thank you.

greenmeanie
05-20-2008, 11:28 AM
To give you a reference I did 1000 miles a week in mine for a couple of years and never had a problem. If you design the mounting right you can get an extra 1-2" of leg room over stock. They also allow the fitting of a 12.5" wide Tuffy console.

Cheers
Gregor

leafsprung
05-20-2008, 11:44 AM
After hundreds of thousands of miles in dozens of different series trucks. I have found I like the sprung SII seats and the d90 seats for genuine rover seats. The REAL SIII seats arent too bad either. Most of the aftermarket rover seats are lousey and the foam is very poor.