PDA

View Full Version : is it easier to find BigFoot or legalize my defender 110

BigFootcatcher
05-22-2008, 10:44 PM
typical non nas defender 110 question...bought a defender 110 a few years ago and have thoroughly enjoyed it's abilities on our ranch and off-roading. the question comes about because of my quest to capture the infamous "BigFoot”! His scent has navigated me towards both state and local roads and i am thinking of how i can legally legalize my 1997 defender 110. I'm looking for some insight...a company in montana claims they are able to combine your defender with a 25 year old series
(at least 14 parts) and then have the DOT inspect and stamp the vehicle for legal road use within the fifty states. the defender would then become a series legally and be titled as a 25 yr. old series. is there any truth to this? or is this as real as the infamous BigFoot! thanks. BigFootcatcher

JimC
05-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Send money to Big Sky Rover at your own peril, that guy is an idiot.

The only advice I'm going to give you is to buy an NAS 90 and combine the parts. Most other options are illegal.

Terrys
05-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Send money to Big Sky Rover at your own peril.

Save yourself the postage. Just throw it out the window, next trip down the interstate.

dunerunner
05-25-2008, 02:18 PM
The only advice I'm going to give you is to buy an NAS 90 and combine the parts. Most other options are illegal.

I take it your 110 has never been registered or licensed since purchase as a given. As a 97 model D-110 that was not US legal, I would sell the 110, buy a NAS 90 and hunt for the Bigcritter. Find a buyer in Canada and buy a truck that you don't have to spend a fortune on to bring into compliance. Good Hunting !!! :thumb-up:

seaswood
05-29-2008, 11:42 AM
It can be done:thumb-up:
Where are U?
Have also seen a 110 with a reg as you explained below.
Although questionable but it is done.

typical non nas defender 110 question...bought a defender 110 a few years ago and have thoroughly enjoyed it's abilities on our ranch and off-roading. the question comes about because of my quest to capture the infamous "BigFoot”! His scent has navigated me towards both state and local roads and i am thinking of how i can legally legalize my 1997 defender 110. I'm looking for some insight...a company in montana claims they are able to combine your defender with a 25 year old series
(at least 14 parts) and then have the DOT inspect and stamp the vehicle for legal road use within the fifty states. the defender would then become a series legally and be titled as a 25 yr. old series. is there any truth to this? or is this as real as the infamous BigFoot! thanks. BigFootcatcher

JimC
05-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Anything can be done of course, but this is one of those things you should only undertake after doing copious amounts of your own homework. There are many options ranging from very legitimate to highly illegal. You simply have to decide how much risk you wish you are willing to assume based on someone else's free legal advice proferred over the internet.