PDA

View Full Version : is this normal ? front differential/axle ?

autoguy
05-25-2008, 10:46 PM
well we got the leaf springs off of the front axle that is going into ludwig, wilst we had the axle/diff up on blocks i rotated the brake drums and one moves fine, i had to get pry the other one off

well i rotated the piece with the cover and the bolts ( i dont know what it is called) i assume it is the axle cover ? i also rotated the piece that the prop shaft bolts too, well only the passenger side wheel piece moved constantly, the drivers side only moved every once in a while and not as fast as the passenger side

now when you grab the passenger side hub thing the drivers side moves like it should :confused:

so is this normal and is it a limited slip diff ? it is a rover differential and axles

i just assumed that when i rotated the piece that the prop shaft bolts too that both wheels would move ? :confused:

I Leak Oil
05-26-2008, 06:34 AM
That sounds normal. That is caused by the action of the gears inside the open differential.
Jason T.

autoguy
05-26-2008, 12:38 PM
very good :) thanks

now if it will stop raining this afternoon than ludwig will get him a different axle and diff :)