is this normal ? front differential/axle ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autoguy
    2nd Gear
    • Oct 2007

is this normal ? front differential/axle ?

well we got the leaf springs off of the front axle that is going into ludwig, wilst we had the axle/diff up on blocks i rotated the brake drums and one moves fine, i had to get pry the other one off

well i rotated the piece with the cover and the bolts ( i dont know what it is called) i assume it is the axle cover ? i also rotated the piece that the prop shaft bolts too, well only the passenger side wheel piece moved constantly, the drivers side only moved every once in a while and not as fast as the passenger side

now when you grab the passenger side hub thing the drivers side moves like it should

so is this normal and is it a limited slip diff ? it is a rover differential and axles

i just assumed that when i rotated the piece that the prop shaft bolts too that both wheels would move ?
    Last edited by autoguy; 05-26-2008, 12:36 AM.
  • I Leak Oil
    Overdrive
    • Nov 2006

That sounds normal. That is caused by the action of the gears inside the open differential.
    Jason T.
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

Comment

• autoguy
      2nd Gear
      • Oct 2007

very good thanks

now if it will stop raining this afternoon than ludwig will get him a different axle and diff

Comment

Working...