PDA

View Full Version : twin tanks

PH4
05-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Had to remove the right side fuel tank from my 1962 IIA. You had to remove seat to fill up. I see the proline underseat version is made for filling from fuel extender mounted to side of 109 body. The only other tank I see comparable to the one you fill by removing the seat RN has listed for $800. Anyone know a source for one you can fill under the seat(less than $800)? Options?

TeriAnn
05-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Had to remove the right side fuel tank from my 1962 IIA. You had to remove seat to fill up. I see the proline underseat version is made for filling from fuel extender mounted to side of 109 body. The only other tank I see comparable to the one you fill by removing the seat RN has listed for $800. Anyone know a source for one you can fill under the seat(less than $800)? Options?

What are you driving a 109 five door station wagon?

British Pacific offers an after market auxiliary fuel tank, #TK101. I believe the current price is $279. At that $800, RN's auxiliary fuel tank is very likely to be a genuine Land Rover part.

scott
05-26-2008, 01:47 PM

i put a regular tank under my driver seat. cut a hole in that sill in front of the bulkhead. routed a vent line over to the othe tank and just T'd it in to the original tank's vent. then i found a rubber cap at a hardware store, i think it was a 2 1/4". it fits tight enough that i have to use a pry bar to get it off. i just push the back of the seat forward to get to the spout. eventually i want to put a regular fill spout and cap just like the right side.

PH4
05-26-2008, 08:27 PM
It is a 1962 109 Regular former FFR, however, the chassis does not appear to be a military (no squared rear). I had two tanks (one under both front seats) with the land rover fuel selector on the bulkhead.