PDA

View Full Version : two rare items for my 1966 88

1961 109 WAGON
05-28-2008, 12:56 PM
factory old roll bar .( i was told it was factory) some kind of camper shell for the pick-up top, i dont have the rear glass though. i doubt i will use the camper top, i dont like its looks.it bolts to factory holes in the sides, has all the rubber seals intact, these two items were free, along with a truck and trailer load of series parts, some nos

jp-
05-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Free Parts? Where do I sign?

Is there anything that's left that's still free?

greenmeanie
05-28-2008, 04:07 PM
I don't think the roll bar is factory. Back in the days when that truck left the factory health and safety didn't really consider a roll bar necessary. It is nice, however, and provides a level of prtection for those roof off days. IIRC correctly the only factory roll bar was a military item for the 90/110 that people retrofit to their series. It, however, mounts to the body cappings.

The top is an Ifor Williams which is very popular with British farmers to keep the sheep dog in and the hay dry when tooling around the farm. It's designed to mate to the back of a truck cab to give that classic farm truck look. They are well made as there is a video out there of a sheep dog taking a ride when a farmer's 90 takes of down a field on it's own. After several rolls and a thoroughly knackered truck the dog jumps out ready to go. I'd keep it and get the truck cab for a unique looking series in the US. Oh, he also makes rather nifty galvy trailers too.

Oh and cool truck by the way.

Cheers
Gregor

1961 109 WAGON
05-28-2008, 07:46 PM
ive been hunting a cheap truck cab and tailgate, but no luck finding CHEAP ones !:D
there is a phone number on the outside of the topper, maybe i can call it, and get the back window for it. i think its butt ugly though:sly:

dunerunner
05-29-2008, 12:34 AM
... i think its butt ugly though:sly:

You are right with that remark. You could sell it insulated to someone who wanted to sell ice cream :cheers:or BEER!!

Leslie
05-29-2008, 12:40 PM
I've seen the Ifor Williams top before, but on a 109, hadn't seen one for an 88...

Kinda funny lookin' w/o the pickup top..... but hey, they're all projects, right?

daveb
05-29-2008, 01:30 PM
I like them. classic series accessory.

ive been hunting a cheap truck cab and tailgate, but no luck finding CHEAP ones !:D
there is a phone number on the outside of the topper, maybe i can call it, and get the back window for it. i think its butt ugly though:sly: