PDA

View Full Version : 109 fuel tank for sale

1961 109 WAGON
06-06-2008, 08:02 AM
off my 1961 109
heavy gauge steel(1/8 inch), working sending unit, drain plug works.
some rust in the tank, no holes,does not leak.comes with pick up tube. needs to be coated though $100 or best offer, nathan

PH4
06-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Will a 109 SW rear tank work on a 109 regular chasis? Not concerned if the rear PTO hole is blocked.

graniterover
06-06-2008, 09:47 AM
The fuel filler hole on a sw is in the back, so unless you go through the bed or create a new filler hole, no. But I've seen it done.

1961 109 WAGON
06-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Will a 109 SW rear tank work on a 109 regular chasis? Not concerned if the rear PTO hole is blocked.
i dont know, im sure someone on here does though

greenmeanie
06-06-2008, 02:08 PM
The tank has four mounting points. The rear two are simply holes through the bottom plate of the rear cross member so they would be simple to create. The front two are simple sheet metal brackets that are combined with the body support immediately aft of the rear axle. If they are not there already it is a simple fold and weld to add them. After that you need to add the extra filler per Granite Rover.

The only other thing is the SW has two access plates in the floor above the draw tube and the sender. At worst, in a conventional truck you just have to accept that you have to drop the tank to access these.

Cheers
Gregor

siiirhd88
06-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I added the station wagon rear fuel tank to the wife's 109 regular. As above, it bolts to brackets on the chassis rails and to the rear crossmember. On the military chassis two diagonal supports needed to be removed to fit the back part of the tank. The supports ran from the chassis crossmember located just behind the axle, to the point where the rear crossmember and chassis rails met. The military rear crossmember is not as deep at the civvy crossmember, so a spacer of some sort needs to be fabbed to make up the difference. Her 109 has a reciever hitch and some angle brackets were added to support the rear side of the tank.

The right rear tub tool box bottom needs to be cut to clear the filler tube, and I used a Jeep Wrangler fuel filler mount with the center hole enlarged to take a Series filler tube and cap. The Wrangler mount angle is just about perfect, and is just attached to the tub side with four machine screws.

Bob