PDA

View Full Version : Brake Problems

CrescentFresh
06-08-2008, 03:49 PM
I got a brake problem. Rather I have no brakes. The felt fine before and little over a week ago my pedal went straight to the floor. I noticed that my fluid was low. Almost empty, so I filled it up, bled the lines, topped it off and am still having the same issues. While I was bleeding the brakes I didnt notice any air in the lines, but when I step on the pedal, I hear a whosshing sound. Traced it down to the ABS control box. Is there a way to bleed it or is it just bad? The ABS light is on also. Ill go a see what code I pull from that, though I got a feeling I know what the code is going to be. (bad brake switch, fixed).any ideas on what this could be? any help is appreciated.

grobinson
08-19-2008, 03:12 PM
I got a brake problem. Rather I have no brakes. The felt fine before and little over a week ago my pedal went straight to the floor. I noticed that my fluid was low. Almost empty, so I filled it up, bled the lines, topped it off and am still having the same issues. While I was bleeding the brakes I didnt notice any air in the lines, but when I step on the pedal, I hear a whosshing sound. Traced it down to the ABS control box. Is there a way to bleed it or is it just bad? The ABS light is on also. Ill go a see what code I pull from that, though I got a feeling I know what the code is going to be. (bad brake switch, fixed).any ideas on what this could be? any help is appreciated.

You most likely have a rusted brake line, letting the fluid run out and that's what the wooshing sound is. Have someone pop their head under the truck while you push the brakes, and hopefully they'll spot the leak.

No need to hook the truck up to anything to bleed the brakes, unless it's a D2.

JohnMc64
10-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Sounds like Master C. to me.