X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Apis Mellifera
    3rd Gear
    • Apr 2008

Detent Springs and Reverse Lights

Can anyone (with pictures?) describe how the reverse light switch is actuated? I have the switch, but nothing is connecting to the flat arm that moves rearward. Also, I need to replace the detent springs. I dont' know where they go.

Yes, I will be buying the workshop manual soon.

Many Thanks
    © 1974 Apis Mellifera. Few rights preserved.
  • SafeAirOne
    Overdrive
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Apis Mellifera
    Can anyone (with pictures?) describe how the reverse light switch is actuated?
    There are reverse lights? My UK-spec 73 109 definitely doesn't have 'em. It's been a long time since I've owned an NADA rover, but I don't recall my series NADA IIa having them either (that was 23 years ago, though). I don't see any depicted on any of the configurations in the RN catalog @ http://roversnorth.com/store/pc-246-...gurations.aspx

Originally posted by Apis Mellifera
    Yes, I will be buying the workshop manual soon.
    If you have a high-speed internet connection, no need to save up. Manuals are available in PDF format at:

I'm not sure what language the website is, but the manuals are all in english.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Comment

• Apis Mellifera
      3rd Gear
      • Apr 2008

Yup, standard Lucas L798 reverse lamps. Mine is a '73 88

Number 12 for Series III in the RN catalog.
      © 1974 Apis Mellifera. Few rights preserved.

Comment

• SafeAirOne
        Overdrive
        • Apr 2008

Oh yeah--I see it now.

I just looked in the Series III workshop PDF files--(Part 4 section 37) and don't see any mention of a reverse lamp switch on the transmission. Same in Part 6 section 86--Wiring schematic.

The reverse lamp was most likely a requirement for NADA models only (just like the huge turn signal lamps and side marker lights).

I'm sure that someone out there has a NADA transmission out or accessable that can snap a pic of the mounted switch for you....
        --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
        (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Comment

Working...