Utah Series II ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petru

Utah Series II ?

Technically this isn't technical so if it needs to be moved feel free to do that. I am considering the purchase of a Series II. However I have never actually spent any time in one. Ike at Pangolin 4x4 suggested I post here to see if there is a local Utah member that wouldn't mind showing me around theirs and maybe take me for a ride to give me a realistic preview on what to expect. If there is a member that would be willing to do that I would be grateful. PM me if you can do help me out with this.
  • autoguy
    2nd Gear
    • Oct 2007

im not in utah, but i checked my local craigs list when i was looking and found a series 2a and went and looked at it and the guy took me for a spin in it, he offered to let me drive it but i declined, i ended up buying a series 3 though

it probably helped that we showed up at the guys house with dads disco

Comment

• adkrover
      2nd Gear
      • Jan 2008

Try taking your current car, strip the floor mats and any other thing you can from the interior, pile lots of wrenches and random bits of sheet metal on the floor to simulate unregulated vibration noises, roll all of the windows down, slightly crack one of the bleed screws on your brake system, remove the pulley from the power steering pump, over inflate the tires to get a nice firm ride and then go find a freshly plowed cornfield to take a test drive in. Aside from looks, that's more or less it.

Comment

• scott
        Overdrive
        • Oct 2006

what adkrover said pretty much describes the ride of my iia. but if you need to see one for real there's great basin rovers in utah. he specializes in rover drivetrains. look him up. if he doesn't have a ii he'll know some one who does. tell him scott from albuquerque sent you and ask him about my $100.
        '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
        '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
        '76 Spitfire 1500
        '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

Comment

• petru

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. Thats exactly what I have heard. Nothing like actually experiencing it. Still looking for someone to give me a "real world preview" on what to expect. Willing to pay gas for travel and a couple extra gallons for your trouble.

Comment

• Tim Smith
            Overdrive
            • Nov 2006

If you can wait until September, a whole mess of rovers will be showing up in Utah for National Rally.
            A Colorado based Land Rover club open to all Rover enthusiasts; ownership is not necessary. Club is devoted to providing a social forum for LR lovers, several off-road events, and LR education.

There you'll probably find just about any model rover to ogle over and probably get a ride from folks too. That is, if you are nice.

Comment

Working...