PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here saying hello

martindktm
06-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Hello,
Im new here and also new to the world of land rovers. I just bought a 1973 serie 3 88" for a piece of cake (500$). In running conditions that came with a bunch of parts, back seats wheels, water/fuel pump, seals etc... and all paperworks (original buildsheet, dealer stuff, manuals...) I did read a lot of stuff here already and im learning pretty quickly.

At first I bought the Land to make some cash with it. But now I think Im going to keep the thing and work on it. Seems like he's calling me to. Looks like Im now hook to the thing.
Once I will begin work on it maybe this fall or next spring Ill keep you updated on the rebuild.

Here's a link to some picture of it. http://picasaweb.google.com/MartinDKtm/LandRover

Martin

scott
06-18-2008, 11:02 AM
$500, and it runs. nice. have fun

LaneRover
06-18-2008, 11:33 AM
That seems like a great candidate for a running re-build. Drive it, fix stuff that breaks and as you have time and money do the other stuff that you would like to do.

Of course if the entire middle of the chassis is missing then it may not be a running re-build but over all it looks like a great little driver.

Brent

martindktm
06-18-2008, 12:43 PM
The frame on it is pretty shot...thats why it was cheap so I hope to get the money for one of those new galvanize frame. I just got too many toys now. Some are for sale to make places for the Land rover. Maybe before fall or next spring I should be able to begin the frame swap.

Martin

thixon
06-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Congrats! Looks like a decent deal. The frame swaps not hard. \

Good luck with it.

Tim Smith
06-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Welcome!