PDA

View Full Version : NEEDED: Series III chassis

hollerlwb
06-23-2008, 11:04 PM
I just recently purchased a 73' Series III.
The body, engine (only 28,000 miles), transmission, and everything else are in really good shape...except the chassis of course.

If anyone out there knows of any chassis for sale at a decent price, please let me know. Im in North Jersey/NYC area.
Someone in Long Island contacted me a few months back about selling me his newly galvanized chassis with a power steering pump for $1,000,

im basically looking for something around this price. Unfortunately I accidently lost his contact info.....

Let me know what you got...
Thanks

martindktm
06-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Im in the same boat as you. I think that its hard to find a decent 30+ year old good shape frame. I think that at 1700$ rover north frame are the way to go. Thats what im planning to buy in the next few weeks...

leafsprung
06-23-2008, 11:43 PM
If you live in an area where you need a frame, its probably hard to find a good used one.

Les Parker
06-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Ike is correct.
Wherever a used part of good value is, guarenteed the person in the most need is located on the opposite coast.
:mad:

TCapelle
07-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Tim

This is a bit of a long shot but here goes...
Does the frame have any goodies that go with it- axles, diffs, brakes? If yes condition? tranny, clutch assy, etc...

How many pieces and parts do you have of the project?

Any idea if a 109 3 door top could be fitted to the 5 door frame and body?(cutting the top of course for the back doors)
I would imagine there are differences ....

You are in CT right?
Thx,
Tim