PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light - code 1306

Ripe
06-25-2008, 01:09 PM
I continue to have the Check Engine Light come on after short trips on my '97 D90. I invested $50 in a OBDII reader and the code reads as P1317 (not 1306 as listed in title of this post in error). This is defined as "Manufacturer Control Ignition System or Misfire" in my OBD II guide, but another website shows it as "ABS Rough Road Line Low Fault."

Any guidance on what exactly this means or how I should approach troubleshooting the problem?

Thanks very much!

draaronr
06-26-2008, 07:01 AM
in the 97s only they shared a computer with the discos of that year, so it has a circuit for abs, so LR put sensors in the axles for this right behind the brakes. Check that they are seated properly. I would take them out and clean the area, put it back in and see if that clears it. If not or at the same time test each one to be sure it is functioning properly if not then whichever sensor fails is bad.

You didn't change brakes or go wheeling recently did you? if you did that could be the culprit. Did you clear the code and it came back?

Ripe
06-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks. I did recently have new brakes installed and it was not by the LR shop. The Check Engine Light came on again today after about 30 minutes of driving. I'll check the ABS sensors behind the brakes.