PDA

View Full Version : Check out my SPO's brake job

thixon
07-02-2008, 02:57 PM
The previous owner of my project never fails to amaze me. Check out his version of running brake lines. Safety first!

Mercedesrover
07-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Doubles as a recovery point. Cool idea!

dunerunner
07-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Just when I thought welding two front custom fuel tanks to the frame and cross connecting them with 1/2" galvanized water pipe was the best Rover Mod!!

LaneRover
07-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Doubles as a recovery point. Cool idea!

Or is it the catch for carrier like arrestor gear?

thixon
07-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Just when I thought welding two front custom fuel tanks to the frame and cross connecting them with 1/2" galvanized water pipe was the best Rover Mod!!

I'm pretty sure my SPO thought of that one first, he just did'nt have time to carry it out before I rescued the truck.

The best part of what he did is the primer. As you can see, he sprayed rattle can grey all over the lines. He did this everywhere he ran brakes line, even down the frame rails. So, the nice new galvy frame he bought now looks like S*%T. I'm either gonna strip the primer, or just paint the whole frame black. Votes for which way to go are welcome.

I Leak Oil
07-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I think the SPO was reading up on his diesel theory...trying to keep the volume of fluid the same from one side to another. Oh and I vote for painting the frame black. They look like hell when the galvanizing developes that bright white "fuzz"......
Jason T.

jp-
07-03-2008, 01:06 PM
I think the SPO was reading up on his diesel theory...trying to keep the volume of fluid the same from one side to another. Oh and I vote for painting the frame black. They look like hell when the galvanizing developes that bright white "fuzz"......
Jason T.

+1

Galvy is great for the first few years, but when it begins to darken, not so pretty. Looks fine on the trim pieces, but the frame not so much.

dunerunner
07-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Black gets my vote, it will protect the galv and extend he protection of the frame from that rusty stuff.

gudjeon
07-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Wruh -oh