PDA

View Full Version : More YouTube Fun...101 rollover

Momo
07-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Ouch...just ran across this clip of a 101 rolling over. It's a good example of exactly the wrong technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWAdgu7NTL4&feature=related

Leslie
07-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Ie-yiieee!!!!

Downhill, brakes are BAD! Low-range, low-gear, feet off the brakes.....

Sigh......

SafeAirOne
07-04-2008, 07:49 AM
A predictable result when you run military NDT tires as fitted on the rear of this 101. These tires stink in slippery situations (like slick mud or snow/ice).

JimCT
07-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Those military bar treads were really designed to keep chains from slipping. if conditions where bad at all you were supposed to chain up....bet that would have worked with the 101

Tim Smith
07-07-2008, 11:41 AM
I hope they didn't get too badly hurt in that one. The evac helicopter isn't a good sign.

greenmeanie
07-07-2008, 01:18 PM
That crash is quite famous in 101 circles. IIRC the gent involved had been playing all day and in his last run got persuaded to have a go at the hill in the video. It was beyond anything he had attempted before but you know how it goes.

The sum total is she started sliding and instead of giving a little juice he hit the brakes hard and the rest is history. For what it's worth the body held up pretty well all things considered. On one of the 101 forums there is a whole thread on this incident disecting what was done wrong and how it could have been avoided. I think the take away was 'Know your limits.'

I think there was one head injury and a broken limb plus the usual bumps and scrapes you get from rattling around inside a Rover but nothing fatal.

Cheers
Gregor