PDA

View Full Version : bulkhead update: Finished.

thixon
07-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, its done.

I started a new thread, because its been about a month and a half since I posted to the old one.

I lost some photos of the in-between, so heres the finished product. I finished the welding last weekend, and primed and painted this weekend. I bought an HVLP gun to paint it with. This did'nt work out so well. I put two runs in it using the gun as recommended (low pressure) right off the bat. Luckily, the runs are on the back side of the bulkhead, inside the engine compartment. I may sand them out, but I'll probably just leave them. I jacked up the pressure, used the thing like a regular gun, and everything else went fine. Apparently, I'm just too thick skulled to get a full wet coat on with an HVLP, using proper pressure.

Attached are some photos of the finished product. I've got a ton of opinions/info on what/how I finished this. In case you dont remember, the entire bottom of this one got replaced. Email or post if you have questions.

On the the next step.

SafeAirOne
07-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Very nice job! I'll have to dig through the old posts to see the "before" pic. The "after" sure looks sweet!

greenmeanie
07-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Right,
Now you've got the hang of it how about a 6cyl one just to keep your hand in?

Mine's coming off this week to get dipped and all that. Unfortunately after that the project will stop for a month or so while the hellish hot summer here get's ove rand done with.

A fine job sir.

Cheers
Gregor

thixon
07-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys.

Now if I can get the rest of the panels painted.

Gregor,
send it on. I've got it down now. I should be ready just after I finish my truck...which should be sometime next year, or the next, or the year after that.