PDA

View Full Version : Deploying to the middle east...soo many series..soo little time

cscutt
07-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Hello all, I am deploying to the middle east very soon and I will be surrounded by many series vehicles....freight will be outrageous. I am searching for the riot screens that the Brits use on thier defenders...easy enough. My question is, will the screens on thier defenders fit on the SeriesIII, 109 windshield, door,side and rear glass? Any ideas?

Chris

LaneRover
07-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Hello all, I am deploying to the middle east very soon and I will be surrounded by many series vehicles....freight will be outrageous. I am searching for the riot screens that the Brits use on thier defenders...easy enough. My question is, will the screens on thier defenders fit on the SeriesIII, 109 windshield, door,side and rear glass? Any ideas?

Chris

As far as I know the screens should be fine on the sides and rear glass. The Defender windshield is taller and has no center bar but I believe it is the same width. Now if they mount the same way is another question.

Rineheitzgabot
07-07-2008, 09:41 PM
CSCUTT...

Thanks for your service to our country.:thumb-up:

scott
07-08-2008, 08:03 AM

Chris

chris

it sucks here, hot dirty and the only roves i've seen are some seriously used (up) iraqi defender ambulances. but i'm up north out in the dirt and no brits are near. enjoy your tour, i'm almost a single digit midgit! excuse me but i can't stop grinning
http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=981&stc=1&d=1215604569

scot

Tim Smith
07-08-2008, 10:50 AM
CSCUTT...

Thanks for your service to our country.:thumb-up:
2X to everyone in the service!
:thumb-up:

scott
07-11-2008, 01:31 PM
woo hoo. found my 1st civilian series in iraq. looks like a beat up iii. saw it as we were finishing up a run from one camp to the next. oh yea we're finding chemical weapons too but ya won't see it on cnn cuz they'd have to say they were wrong in saying bush was wrong

Tim Smith
07-11-2008, 02:21 PM
The mounting method for those big white tanks is quite... uh... interesting. :eek:

I wonder how they can drive a series with the temperatures they get down there. I mean, doesn't it pass 100f with great regularity in Iraq?

It must be a dry heat. :p

scott
07-11-2008, 02:52 PM
dry, wet it don't matter above 115

jp-
07-11-2008, 04:28 PM
woo hoo. found my 1st civilian series in iraq. looks like a beat up iii. saw it as we were finishing up a run from one camp to the next. oh yea we're finding chemical weapons too but ya won't see it on cnn cuz they'd have to say they were wrong in saying bush was wrong

I like the photo through the weeds, kind of looks like you were sneaking up on it... Or planning a surprise attack? Were those friendlies down there?

On a serious note:
I definitely want to hear about the chemical weapons!

scott
07-12-2008, 12:54 PM
those were some nieghbors. good guys like most of the folks here. the weeds just because i was in a 7 ton driving by. would have like to have stopped and seen what mods must have been done to keep it running out here. and it was the 1st series that i have seen in 7 months