PDA

View Full Version : 1964 88, leak in front wheel

flap
07-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Hi
I have a 1964 Series IIa 88 with an oil leak behind the left front wheel. It is not at the swivel ball seal (beind/underneath the leather protector), it is between the swivel pin housing and the break anchor plate. With the tire(tyre) off there is a slight gringing noise when you spin the hub.
Two pictures here (http://plumbingrover.blogspot.com/)
Thanks
Tom

dunerunner
07-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Is it EP-90 or brake fluid? Have you pulled the wheel?

LaneRover
07-10-2008, 12:27 PM

It has got to be one of those two things, pulling the wheel will definitely tell you if one of the brake cylinders in leaking though that usually leaks from the brake drum and not where you leak is.

Read some of your other bits on your link. You will quickly get used to the right hand drive. The first time I drove mine I felt a bit like an inebriated chimp when it came to shifting but it soon becomes second nature. Your daughter will probably love (depending on her age) being on the "American driver's" side at toll booths or at a drive through. I get a lot of looks when my dog is with me!

Brake lights working with the blinkers is probably a ground issue.

Welcome to the world of Rovers! Your's look great!

Brent

LaneRover

It has got to be one of those two things, pulling the wheel will definitely tell you if one of the brake cylinders in leaking though that usually leaks from the brake drum and not where you leak is.

Read some of your other bits on your link. You will quickly get used to the right hand drive. The first time I drove mine I felt a bit like an inebriated chimp when it came to shifting but it soon becomes second nature. Your daughter will probably love (depending on her age) being on the "American driver's" side at toll booths or at a drive through. I get a lot of looks when my dog is with me!

Welcome to the world of Rovers! Yours looks great!

Brent

LaneRover

Welcome to the world of Rovers! Yours looks great!

Brent

LaneRover
07-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Whoops! Sorry about the tripling of the post! I guess there are computer/connection issues!

dunerunner
07-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks - Oops! Thought you were talking about my truck. :D Belle is being a Land Rover right now but I'm getting her straightened out. At least I'll know when to put gas in the tanks!!

I agree with the grounding issue, but a test at the lamp holder for power wouldn't hurt. Pull the wheel and confirm or eliminate the brake cylinder and hope for the best. :thumb-up: