PDA

View Full Version : Rover Hurt in Seattle

asalnick
07-23-2008, 12:51 PM
So my parked 88" was hit by a distraught girl after a fight with her boyfriend last night. Needless to say I pretty bummed. I am fearing the worst from the insurance company. Anybody have a local shop they have delt with that could give me a realistic estimate so I can head the insurance company off at the pass? I live in Seattle down in Ballard.

Thanks,
Adam

greenmeanie
07-23-2008, 01:05 PM
She's be rather more distraught after meeting me than her boyfriend. I think there is a note somewhere in our DMV handbook that pints out that you have to be fit to drive before gettign behind the wheel. They even point out that that includes your emotional state.

What's the damage look like then? Anything less than a bent chassis and I'd just replace the parts myself. On the couple of occasions that my 88 has suffered damage I found most body shops either wouldn't touch it or gave sky high estimates. On both occasions the assessor they sent out actually knew what a series truck was. We looked it over, agreed on what the damage was and he wrote me a cheque based on the value of the parts that I sent him. Officially they don't pay you for your time for the repair but then he didn't argue about part values either.

Bad luck sir. Hope it comes out well.

Hormel
07-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Adam,
If you have not already I would start by giving Gord'n Perrot at Lamorna Garage in Ballard for a estimate since he works almost exclusively on series vehicles it would be a start. 206 361 7002 - 1142 NW 50th ST

I don't know how much body work is needed but certainly he could quote on replaced panels, bumper, maybe it now "needs' a new galvanized frame? Maybe bring it by the All British Field Meet this weekend in Bellevue and get some opinions.

John
(A West Seattle 109)

Leslie
07-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Might also consider Ike Goss, in Oregon.

Firemanshort
07-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Doug Shipman is in Portland, OR - about 3 hours South of you. (Ships Mechanical) He has a full on shop that specializes in Land Rovers and a business that would likely pass the insurance adjuster's sniff test. Ike is another few hours South of that. Both are good choices.