PDA

View Full Version : Low Range

lrdukdog
12-16-2006, 10:28 AM
What is with this "low range" under our log in name?

Jim Wolf
Elvenwood Kennel

TSR53
12-16-2006, 10:59 AM
When you first start out posting on the forums, you are in "Low Range". As your post count rises so will your sub-title! Post away to find out.

Rod Turnbull
12-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Well, I'm kinda pulling for the first level change at 100 post. This means we should find out tomorrow what the next level is... and to help this prediction come true, I have to ask... Hey Leslie, I see you have a beer in your one hand... but is that a lightsaber in your other? :cool:

Leslie
12-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey Leslie, I see you have a beer in your one hand... but is that a lightsaber in your other? :cool:

lol.... ;) I'm curious too.... but to answer your question:

Yep, that's exactly what it is..... They didn't have a rock hammer, and, I have to confess that SW was a formative part of my youth.... Actually, it was a wholly remarkable year for me in '77, as dad took me to see both the first Star Wars and Smokey and the Bandit, and started started collecting maps and fossils, and grilled my kindergarten teacher about the jigsaw-puzzle fit of the continents on the globe... unbekownst to me, it was a start of a career....

What was funny, I made a whole collection of those SP characters for my family. There's me, the missus, the teenage daughter, the middle-school-age son, and the preschooler who is a fireball.... then went on and made others for other friends....

http://images.southparkstudios.com/games/create/

Leslie
12-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Ok, now we know the first change, what's next? Hmmm.... I wonder.... lol...

Rod Turnbull
12-17-2006, 01:01 AM
The lightsaber is cool but without the Estwing what ever would you use for scale in your pictures of rocks? I remember in '77 my parents dropped me and my younger siblings off at the theater in Bancroft, lord only knows what they went off and did, but I got to see StarWars so I didn't really care.

Leslie
12-17-2006, 07:45 AM
That is SO scarily close to accurate, you have NO idea how funny that is....

It's even a 22-oz pick-point..... I prefer the pick over the chisel, as I can carry a chisel too if need be...

Though I have a thing for the leather, I have to admit my first, and still primary working, hammer is a funky blue rubber gripped one....

TSR53
12-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Yes, you guys found out "Low Range" and "Overdrive" is the obvious choice for super posters. I wonder who and when will gain access to this elusive "Overdrive" level and be the first one...

TSR53
12-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Hey Leslie, I see you have a beer in your one hand... but is that a lightsaber in your other? :cool:

Lightsaber? And I thought all this time it was a Series *lifesaver* crank handle! Awe Leslie you are letting me down!

Leslie
12-17-2006, 01:30 PM
lol.....

I think such could be photochopped, too....

Or, think of it this way: SW was filmed in England, right? Or on location in Tunisia? And just what sort of vehicle would be used for production purposes? Yep..... ;)

And, the aftermarket crank-handles are blue to match the lugwrenches, not red...:p

lrdukdog
12-21-2006, 05:20 AM
:eek: There is a Jeep mag. with this title:( saw it yesterday at Barnes and Noble while looking for my Land Rover mags.
Jim Wolf
Elvenwood Kennel