PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1976 Forward Control 101, GS in Southern Vermont

Bozman
07-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Needs some TLC and I have too many projects and not enough time. It breaks my heart to put this up for sale, but the new family to be takes precedence. :lol:

Has a 2.5 liter Land Rover diesel, LT77 5 speed transmission and an LT270 transfer case. This conversion was done many years ago, probably with the the drivetrain of an MOD Land Rover Defender. Frame is generally solid, except the rear crossmember. The rear crossmember is shot but I have one on order from the Club that I could include at cost. The paint has been brushed on. Odometer reads 99k, but I have no idea how many miles are on the current drivetrain. This truck has some real potential, but it definitely needs some cosmetic work.

Mechanically, it is sound, although underpowered. If I were to keep it, I would add a 200tdi, or a 3.9L V8. I purchased this from a man in Arizona, that bought it from a guy in California, that parked in front of his Land Rover shop to attract attention. It was neglected for years. After what work I have done, it starts right up, drives pretty good, but still needs some work. Many new parts will be included in the sale. The canvas top is brand new.

Asking $5,900. Email me at gboshart at mac dot com for pics/details.

Thanks,
Greg

Bozman
07-31-2008, 05:42 AM
Sale pending.

Thanks RN.