PDA

View Full Version : Smith's Gauges

Jim-ME
08-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I was given a 4 cyl Smith's MG tachometer by a fellow Rover owner who runs a diesel and can't use it. When I got it, the front glass was broken, and it lacked the clamps and nuts to hold it in the dash and a backlight. After crusing the net I found Nisonger Instruments in NY and discovered that they had repair parts for Smith's gauges as well as new gauges and a repair facility. I called and ordered the parts, which I felt were more than reasonably priced and had them in 3 days. Needless to say I am a very happy camper. When I decide to add more Smith's gauges or need any that I currently have repaired, Nisonger is where I will go. You all probably already know about this company but I wasn't sure and wanted to pass my experience along.
Jim

PS
Before I even ordered any parts they told me how to hook it up so I could see if it worked so that I wouldn't be ordering parts for a dead tach.

thixon
08-01-2008, 02:58 PM
I've had the same experience with them. Used them a number of times in the past for other brit cars. Great company, and I second your recomendation.