PDA

View Full Version : Need someone to haul my Rover pronto!!

Rosie
08-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Looking for a responsible person to haul my Rover from Gillette, Wyoming to King Ferry, NY.
Anyone have any ideas? The traditional haulers are not going through Wyoming very often.
Would like to move it this weekend or next week.
Leads to independant truckers or Rover people that might need something to do this weekend would be greatly appreciated!

Mercedesrover
08-08-2008, 11:14 AM
The hauling section on Pirate4x4 can be helpful.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70

SafeAirOne
08-08-2008, 01:16 PM
...or Rover people that might need something to do this weekend would be greatly appreciated!

Not that I'm able, but I just want to clarify...Are you looking to fly a trustworthy Rover-er to Wyoming and drive the truck back, or someone to trailer it back? It's 1765 miles (+-). A doable feat in a halfway decent rover. Many states have temporary "ferry" plates that will enable this.

Looking at the Penske rental truck website, from WY to NY, a 16' truck is $548 + Car Trailer (tell them you're towing a Honda Accord or something) is $245 + Diesel (10mpg x 1765 miles @ $4.60/gal = $809 fuel) +airfare to get there in the first place = ____...Just the truck+fuel and you're up to $1600.

Rosie
08-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I know, this is a long shot....
I am looking for a hauler, the Rover needs new tires so cannot travel that far.

scott
08-08-2008, 02:51 PM
rose

mine was not nearly as nice as you described yours and i flew out to it and drove it back 780 miles. loud, slow and painful. and badvibes will tell ya make sure you've a jack had five dry rotted tyres blew one and bought 4 new aboiut 200 miles into the trip