PDA

View Full Version : Surging on Cruise control

PaulBarrow
08-17-2008, 04:56 AM
Another annoying little thing is that when the car is on Cruise control at 50 - 60 mph, it surges in pulses. Does anyone know is this something that you just have to live with or is their a cause and cure please?

Thanks

Paul

PaulBarrow
09-13-2008, 03:04 AM
Does no one have any answers to this? :confused: 58 views and no replies? Someone must have some ideas ... please!:)

Paul

AndrewG
09-14-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm just jealous that you HAVE cruise control. It's not one of the high priorities on my long list of things to fix, but I would love it on my '95 RRC LWB !

jgkmmoore
09-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Paul- Nobody I know has a working cruise control in a Classic, so the experience level with it is pretty much non existent.

PaulBarrow
02-24-2012, 09:58 PM
I must just be lucky ... as mine works fine now after I replace the speedo head angle drive! Also found this:
Surging

One of the Classic's most irritating habits is a surging of the idle speed when slowing down with closed throttle. This is most evident in lower gears and can be dangerous on steep descents. It usually happens after traveling on dusty roads for a few hours, and the culprit is usually the idle air bypass valve/stepper motor, which needs cleaning. For details see the section on this part above
on http://www.rangerovers.net/rremedies.html#surging

Paul

1971Series88
02-27-2012, 03:29 PM
You should also check your vacuum hoses and diaphragm. But like all others mine doesn't work either :sly: