PDA

View Full Version : Weber Carb issues

muskeg
08-19-2008, 11:02 PM
After pulling into the drive and shut down. I happened to pop the hood intime to hear the carb gurggle then leak fuel around the area where the throttle inkage runs through the body. Both sides!

This was not a continous leak, just a small amount spewed out from both sides then quit. Something must be worn out. I have not had a chance to take a closer look. Any insite into this problem.

scott
08-20-2008, 01:55 AM
i've got a 32/36 dgv. if the bushings (part #25) were worn it would leak at the point the primary and secondary shafts exit the body where the linkage attaches

I Leak Oil
08-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Yup, probably time for new shaft seals. They are included with a rebuild kit.
Jason T.

yoc
08-20-2008, 06:44 PM
There must be some other reason for the leak. I had the same problem with my weber for about a year. Mine started leaking, so I got a used one on ebay. Was told it was 6 months old, used till owner rebuilt his zenith. I installed it and it leaked, it did look new. Removed, put in an old one I had on my shelf, It leaked. Bought one from weberdirect? it leaked. Bought one from Rovers North didn"t install because I wasn't convenced it was the carb causing the problem. Thought maybe the replaced fuel pump was somehow putting out to much pressure. I installed a pressure regulator, didn't help. Finally installed the RN carb and the leak stopped. Some months later I stopped by YANKS house to show off my rover. He showed me his rover, when we went to look at mine, pop the bonnet and the carb was leaking. WTF! I'm the original owner of the rover. Bought new in 1974, and never had this problem. Is it the new blend of gas? anybody have any ideas? What to check?

muskeg
08-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Cheers

That is what I figured! It now just has to wait till I get back from pounding the bush in the north! Work always gets in the way....