PDA

View Full Version : CUSTOM DISCOVERY 1 TAILGATE

Bland Rover
08-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just got a LR Discovery 1 and the top has been cut off with a roll cage and canvas top...GREAT toy but winter is coming and I need to put in some sort of tailgate. Anyone have any suggestions or know who or where I can go to to make this a reality.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! :thumb-up:

Brian

alligatorfoot
08-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Sounds cool got any pictures?

As far as a tailgate for a discovery, I have not ever seen any OEM or aftermarket solutions but if you have a little money and time you might want to start with a stock cargo door (cheap on craigslist) and have it get cut down right below the window. From there you could either have the top hinge get moved down so it will swing open side ways or buy and weld new hidges to the floor and bottom. A cheaper and rougher alternative would be to have the tailgate be kept in place like a old miltary landrover utilizing pins and eyelet hardware. Good luck!!!!

Bland Rover
08-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Thanx for the reply!!!

Have been doing some looking at other retail tailgates and maybe fitting the open space in my disco for this "new" tailgate. :confused:

Possibly a defender tailgate but it looks a bit small... I like the style though.

I will definately check out craigslist...

Check out the pics!!!

Anyone else got any suggestions out there...??