PDA

View Full Version : Snow plows - mounting pics wanted.

graniterover
08-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Sorry if I'm killing the end of your summer with snow references, but....winter is coming.

I have a myers plow from a jeep that I want to mount on my SIII 88. I have seen the same plow on series trucks in pictures, but only once saw how the frame was mounted.

Anyone have pics of a plow mounted to a series?

If anyone has a series plow they want to get rid of in New England that would not require the fab work the myers might, I'd be interested. I can't go through another winter without a plow.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

junkyddog11
08-27-2008, 06:13 AM
Mark, I'm not sure where you are located but I have several in my junkyard that you would be welcome to look at. Sorry but taking photos would not be in the schedule right now.

Located in Eliot Maine.

Terrys
08-27-2008, 06:22 AM
Fisher, which is located right in Rockland, used to make a plow called a Suburban, and was made specifically for the series truck. The lifting cylinder was mounted to the plow, so when the plow was off, there was no "stuff" left on the truck like a conventional A frame lifting structure. As I recall, the pushplates were mounted to the frame just behind the axle, were seperate(one piece on each side, as opposed to a one piece that went underneath the whole truck) I can't remember for sure, ( that was 30+ winters ago) but I think it was manual angle.

SafeAirOne
08-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Mark, I'm not sure where you are located but I have several in my junkyard that you would be welcome to look at. Sorry but taking photos would not be in the schedule right now. Located in Eliot Maine.

Mark,

If you take a trip up and need some company, let me know...Providing that junkyddog doesn't object. I LOVE junkyards--they're a small patch of heaven on earth. I've been taking my rover to the coast a lot lately, so it knows the way.

ArlowCT
09-02-2008, 09:07 PM
I use my winch to lift my plow and angle by hand (most of the time I leave it dead center) and used it all winter last winter. Worked Great :thumb-up:

Here are some pics (hope I did it Right)