PDA

View Full Version : Brake Servo Problem

Buddy
12-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Hi I just thought I would check to see if anybody has an idea what is causing this.

I decided to do some work on the Disco(97) over Christmas break in addtion to pulling off the whole front clip and dropping the axle for mods and rust repairs. I also decided to replace that leaking master cylinder that's been bugging me ever since I bought it. I also decided to pull the brake Servo off and touch up the paint where the fluid had peeled it off.

So here is the issue. I reinstalled the servo (Installation is the reverse of removal!!) but when I tried to connect the servo to the brake pedal it came up about 3/8 - 1/2 short. So now the break light stays on all the time. I tried to remove and refit the Servo but nothing changed. Everything is steated flush and connected with out a problem. The break pedal depresses all the way and returns without issue except it stops short of the switch.

This is the same servo nothing has changed it worked previously so what happend? Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Buddy
12-24-2006, 11:44 AM
Ok figured it out. I feel like an idiot now that I pulled the bleeding thing off and put it back on 3 times. Seems on the new Rovers the Pedal switch is self adjusting. It got pushed up when I took the Servo off because the pedal came up all the way.

I finally found out the switch was self adjusting removed it pulled it all the way out and reinstalled then slowly released the break pedal all is working fine now.