PDA

View Full Version : 03 Disco AC Evap Drain Clog? Intermittent ABS light?

adampartman
08-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi, I just picked up a 2003 Disco II, 29k miles, white/tan SE7,18's mint. My last Rover was a 95 4.0SE, this is more powerful but less bells and whistles. However, the seats and trim are top notch. So far I'm happy. This past weekend I took it for a trip and discovered the AC evap drain must be clogged because I'm getting water on the left side carpets. Has anyone had this situation? Is there an easy way to access the drain by transmission tunnel? Any help is appreciated! I also had the ABS/Trac light come on twice in 1500 miles of driving. I turned the vehicle off and it resest itself each time and has not come on since. Ideas? Thanks and happy motoring....Adam:thumb-up:

BackInA88
08-27-2008, 02:56 PM
There are a couple of black rubber nipples on each side of the trans tunnel.
Reach up there a "milk" them, you may even want to run a clothes hanger in them.
The water and gunk will run down your arm.:D

As for the ABS, are your brakes squealing?
This can sometimes set off the ABS light.
Unfortunately the only way to ge the codes is the dealer or an Indy shop with the right equipment.:(

Steve

adampartman
08-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Found the drains and cleaned them out. I removed the nipples (ends) and now have the drain running without any blockage. I will reinstall the nipple ends when the lousy weather comes. Thanks for the help! I will have the codes if any read regarding the ABS. Adam:thumb-up:

BackInA88
08-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Found the drains and cleaned them out. I removed the nipples (ends) and now have the drain running without any blockage. I will reinstall the nipple ends when the lousy weather comes. Thanks for the help! I will have the codes if any read regarding the ABS. Adam:thumb-up:

Are you saying you pulled them completely out?
If so you are going to have all the water draining straight on your floor!
They come up through the trans tunnel and attach to the condenser box in the center of the dash right in front of the center console.
You may need to remove the center console to get them reattached.:(

I pulled the right side out once and was lucky to be able to attach it with removing the console. I could just see where it attached. The left side I couldn't even see!
Good luck.

Steve

adampartman
09-02-2008, 03:26 PM
No No! Not the complete drain tube. Just the small tip that would create the original blockage. Thanks for the concern...Adam

Colorado Rover
09-11-2008, 03:53 PM
On the ABS are you also getting the HDC and TC lights also? - if so you may have the "three amigos". There are alot of posts on this, but the general fix has been to replace the ABS regulator as the cover and/or screws crack and mess up the system. I had to inssit my dealer look at the regualtor cover, or they would have simly changed ABS wiring nad sensors on the wheels. My '04 did this and it would come on usually with braking andslight turning at end of brake. Turning engine off and restarting usually stopped the problem. Having had the regulator cover replaced, I now find the TC does not activate as easily, but definitely when needed and the three amigos are gone. Not sure if this helps, but wanted to mention it as you got the ABS light turing on for no apparent reason.

adampartman
09-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Thank you for the input, I will look into it. Adam

akrockhound
10-13-2008, 12:10 AM
I suggest you do not jump at the chance to replace your ABS module. I think more typically the three lights are the result of a bad wheel sensor. It was in my case and after reading lots of forums threads on the three amigos I would say that the the wheel sensors are the most common cause. In my case the dealer replaced the two front wheel sensors for about $600 bucks. I never saw the three amigos again ('00 DiscoII)