PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE 1979 Land Rover Series 3 109 RHD Ex-Military Ambulance

dan colby
09-01-2008, 05:21 PM
35,000mi. Engine is out and partially rebuilt. Last on the road in 2003. Body in great shape but could use paint. Frame good and solid with surface rust. Bulkhead and interior good. Dual tanks. New: Clutch, pressure plate, hoses, radiator, some gaskets, main oil seal, push rods, alternator, Weber carburetor, water pump, cam and crank bearings, tappet assemblies, piston rings. Needs: New front windscreen, hood, some or all brake lines (have some), brake cylinders unfroze, wires, plugs, battery, misc. gaskets, probably new tires. Includes 1 5-bearing series 3 engine (above), 1 3-bearing series 3 engine (complete but needs work), 1 series 2A engine (without block, cam, or tappets), misc. small parts.

I would really prefer to get this up and running myself but I simply will not have the time in the next year or so. It needs someone who has the time to care for it better than I. Asking $5,500 or best offer. Worth a look. Call Dan in Knox, ME at 207-263-5755 or e-mail at machines.simple@gmail.com for more details and photos.

dan colby
09-13-2008, 02:40 PM
I am really trying to sell this before the snow flies. If anyone is interested, I've got $4,500 into it and am willing to talk about price options. If your looking for a project, it is a worth while one. It really needs a good home. Any reasonable offers will be considered. Dan

dan colby
01-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Alright. If someone wants a good winter project, you'll be getting a heck of a lot of stuff for $3500. Or maybe you have plenty to do this winter, and you are happy, and you don't need silly things like rover projects. Thanks for caring.

paddyb
02-09-2009, 06:46 PM
please send me pics of rover you are asking $3500.00 thanks patrick email brittinghammechanical@yahoo.com