PDA

View Full Version : Installing New Seats

Apis Mellifera
09-09-2008, 10:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/dandomatic2/Land_Rover/seats.jpg

I bought these seats from RN last week. There appears to be no means to install them. The bases plop down like the old ones (do I need the metal pan attached to the old base?) The old backs had threaded inserts for the two bolts that pass through the seat tracks. The new ones don't. Any suggestions?

leafsprung
09-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Did you call RN and ask? Run your finger along the vinyl in the lower corner. You will feel a depression. This depression is the threaded hole under the vinyl. Take an xacto and carefuly cut the vinyl around the hole and then you can bolt them to the seat tracks.

PS, your parking brake boot is on inside out.

singingcamel
09-09-2008, 01:14 PM
When I install new seats I use the exacto knife as well, but I only make a vertical slit and spread the material , it seems to fall back around the bolt you threaded in. for what its worth

Did you call RN and ask? Run your finger along the vinyl in the lower corner. You will feel a depression. This depression is the threaded hole under the vinyl. Take an xacto and carefuly cut the vinyl around the hole and then you can bolt them to the seat tracks.

PS, your parking brake boot is on inside out.

leafsprung
09-09-2008, 02:11 PM
I used to do that, but I found that when the seat was folded forward and back the slit would run/spread a bit. Round hole was less likely to do that. Takes a bit more time than the slit though.

Apis Mellifera
09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
There is only one hole per side in the new seat backs. The old ones were bolted with two bolts per side and didn't fold forward.

jp-
09-09-2008, 04:07 PM
There is only one hole per side in the new seat backs. The old ones were bolted with two bolts per side and didn't fold forward.

Install the one bolt at the top of your bracket. Now you have folding seats! A very handy addition.