PDA

View Full Version : 1998 tdi 300 Defender 90

007jlm
09-09-2008, 07:53 PM
300 tdi runs great. Has small leak - oil or fuel - I'm not sure. Recently replaced timing belt. New radio with ipod control. No rust, but plenty of dings in body. No A/C. $25,000

solihull109
09-11-2008, 10:40 AM
I'll give you 8K and NOT call the D.O.T....

Rineheitzgabot
09-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Sounds like an offer he can't refuse, to me. :D

rbishop
09-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Does anyone ever really call the DOT and if so, what do they do? I mean, if the INS can't control the cross-border movement of undocumented people (US census estimates put that number at over 12 million) what kind of effort does the DOT put forward when some one calls to report a black market Rover?

Sure a minority of undocumented folks may get a bus ride back every once in a while after a raid, and sure, perhaps some Rover owners may lose their Rover after a Gladis Kravitz (sp?) information brings on the DOT. But my question is does anyone know how often this actually happens? It interests me b/c I see black market stuff on all the sites (this site, lrx.com, club websites, etc) all the time. I am not minimizing the wrongdoing of what is occurring, I am simply asking if anyone has the actual numbers concerning the incidence of the wrongdoing with respect to Rovers particularly.

I'm not sure I buy ALL the stories I hear about the DOT impounding and destroying vehicles.

BTW, there is a stunning new Arles blue defender 110 TD5 parked just 5 minutes away from my office near Seatac today. I'm not kidding.

09-30-2008, 07:30 PM
I know of one Tomb Raider 110 Crew Cab thats parked in the I.C.E. Department's Parking lot in Doral (Miami, FL) that was seized from a gentleman in Texas.

zimm
10-06-2008, 05:48 PM
I know of one Tomb Raider 110 Crew Cab thats parked in the I.C.E. Department's Parking lot in Doral (Miami, FL) that was seized from a gentleman in Texas.

i have an idea!

lets steal it, and and vin swap it with an old 109!