PDA

View Full Version : dim headlight and no tail light - 95LWB

Ed*
09-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi

I have a 95 lwb with a problem I cant track down. The drivers side tail lights are not working - in the back neither the rear facing nor the side facing blub light up. Ive tested the bulbs and it is not the bulbs.

The blinkers and brake lights work fine. The license plate lights work fine too. And every thing on the passenger side works too.

Another thing that I have noticed and I dont know if it is related or not is that the head light on the drivers side is very dimm. The other headlight works fine.

Any ideas?

mr rock
09-24-2008, 01:03 PM
check the ground wires for the lights

Ed*
09-26-2008, 11:01 AM
ok so I got the front headlight working. I cleaned the connections at the light (with some electical cleaner spary and a bit of sandpaper) and I tightened the ground on the back of the engine on the driver's side

still getting no Volts at the rear tail light. Not sure where the ground is for that. Do I have to take off the quater panel to access the wires?

Ed*
09-27-2008, 01:52 PM
ok so it is all fixed now!

for the tail lights i had to take off the quarter panel to get to the electical connector / multi-plug

after a slew of tests with the volt meter the multi-plug conection ended up being the issue. it wasnt holding togther tight enough and geting a good connection. I used some more of the spray cleaner and then after it dried put the connector back together and used a zip tie to hold the multiconnector together.

hope this helps if someone runs into this problem.

Im adding my results becuase i often search and see that someone had the problem i am trying to fix but there is often no follow up as to how the problem was fixed. I hope others will add followups once they figure out how to fix there stuff so that we all can have a better database of problems and solutions.

-ed

jgkmmoore
09-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Ed- Thank you for including results. It's the most important part of these discussions, and so oftem omitted. It's freaky situations exactly like this that give everyone fits.
"Lucas Lives".............get home before dark.:thumb-up:

jgkmmoore
09-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Austrailian tail light.