PDA

View Full Version : Differential lock warning

kh500
09-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Hello, I have Yr2000 DiscoveryII
I was wiring the trailer hookup connector from driverside rear light panel then did stupid mistake .
I must have cross wired and shortcircuited.
I was following this diagram to connect the trailor hookup connector but I got confused one point, then ended up connecting wrong wires.
http://www.mysaab900.com/gallery/albums/Discovery_2000/electrical/trailorWireDiagram.gif

After I finished, there are no brake lights either on vehicle and trailor on both sides.
I checked the fuse and bulbs.
The brake light fuse (10A) was blown off. I replaced it a new fuse, then ''differential lock warning lamp'' came up on the dash when the brake pedal is pressed. Also the shifter lever is locked on Parking position.
Without stepping on the brake pedal, no differential warning light comes up. So I assume the brake switch is ok.

I replaced a new brake switch but no luck.

In order to move the gear shifter into D position, I have to disengage the locking solenoid manually under shifter cover.
Car is drivable except no brake lights. (Car is parked due to safety issue.)

Can someone please help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Fortymiledesert
11-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Not knowing what wiring you crossed, or whether the brake controller you used is even proper for a LR Disco2, I can only point you in some "shot-gunning" directions:

In the passenger compartment fuse box check fuse 25 (15 Amp), fuse 11 (10 Amp) and fuse 33 (10 Amp).

In the engine compartment fuse box check fuse 13 (10 Amp).

You may also have blown out the Park Brake Switch (S215) located on the brake pedal assembly.....

- - - -

You may even want to temporarily disconnect the brake controller that you added until you get the original wiring on the truck sorted.

kh500
11-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Thanks for your reply and advice.
It's still open issue for me and trying to troubleshoot.
I will definetely try these.

Thanks again!