PDA

View Full Version : free wheels and tires

green 'n stinky
09-27-2008, 10:08 AM
I have a set of five 16-inch series steel wheels each mounted with a different type 7.50 x 16 tire, including one Michelin XZY, one General Super All Grip, one Avon Rangemaster, and a couple of no-names. Of all the tires, the General is in the best shape; the others mostly have plenty of tread, but also cracks in the sidewalls. The wheels are dirty and rusty and would benefit from cleaning and repainting. Given their rough shape, they're probably not worth anything, but I hate to just toss them. Perhaps someone here could use them? The catch is you have to come pick them up, just North of Atlanta. If there's any interest, please PM me. Otherwise, they're going to the dump by order of my better half.

jp-
09-27-2008, 10:50 PM
I'd take them, but can't afford to drive over there just to pick them up.

I'm in North Mississippi.

Leslie
09-28-2008, 07:32 AM
I'd toss the tires, but the wheels are still worth something. Not only to Series folks, but also to RRC/Disco folks who want a set of steel wheels.

Like jp, they're not something I'm going to drive down to Altanta from upper East TN, but, I'm sure someone around will take 'em off your hands.

Actually.... now that I think about it, a buddy of mine here in town gets to Atlanta regularly.... I'll let him know about 'em, he might be interested....

galen216
09-28-2008, 08:18 AM
I need that Michelin! Anybody from Ga. coming to MAR?

thixon
09-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Green & Stinky,

Sent you a PM, but just in case you don't see it, I'll take 'em off your hands. I'm in augusta. I come through atl to the airport quite a bit. Where are you exactly?

Tim Smith
09-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Do not toss them! At the very least, ebay them for $10.

1961 109 WAGON
10-01-2008, 02:21 PM
if thixon does get them, i could use two or three of the wheels only. i would pay to have the tires removed and pay for shipping to va.

Apis Mellifera
10-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Same here. I'll pay to have the wheels sent to me.

green 'n stinky
10-01-2008, 07:50 PM
I didn't realize they'd be so popular! I had seen rover wheels come and go on ebay with no bidders. thixson was the first to contact me, so he has first dibs. If he doesn't end up getting them, I'll let you know. They are definitely not worth making a special trip to Atlanta (in my opinion), but if you happen to be passing through anyway they'd be worth the detour.

1961 109 WAGON
10-01-2008, 08:12 PM
thanks, are there any rust pitting on the wheels from sitting outside.??
the 15 inch ones i have are pitted so bad , im afraid to drive it, there really deep!