PDA

View Full Version : Footwell replacement

cdsrover
09-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Have any of you folks out there replaced your (RH) footwell with our hosts' entire footwell section? I have carefully removed all of the original section and am ready to install the new piece. My problem is getting it in the way it originally was: the piece of metal under the "glovebox" area should be on the inside of the vehicle. Is there a trick to sliding in the new section to get this under there or do others just slide the new section in and leave the dash metal on the outside?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Chuck

thixon
09-29-2008, 12:37 PM
chuck,

I just recently did both sides, and had a little trouble in exactly the spot you mention. I eventually drilled out the welds at the top of the footbox on the side, which allowed me to spread the top of the box open and away from the kick panel enough to fit it around everything. If you need a better explanation, PM me.

Good luck.

cdsrover
09-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks, Travis. I'll give that a shot--just hate to cut up such a nicely fabricated piece of metal. I tried bending the bulkhead piece back towards the inside, but wasn't sure how I would bend it back once the footwell was in.

Chuck

thixon
09-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks, Travis. I'll give that a shot--just hate to cut up such a nicely fabricated piece of metal. I tried bending the bulkhead piece back towards the inside, but wasn't sure how I would bend it back once the footwell was in.

Chuck

I felt the same way, but overall it wasn't that bad. Are you trying to clamp everything together by the way, or are you using the sheet metal screw method?