PDA

View Full Version : road side Rovers CT/RI

yank
09-29-2008, 06:28 PM
On my travels over the weekend I saw two 88's for sale
#1 series 3 looked OK asking 8K, This one was in Bantam CT on 209 if going north its on the right side about halfway up the lake.
#2 2A someone started taking things apart but most of it is there. Asking 4K. In Hopkins Mills ? RI along RTE 6. Its a used car place on the right side if headed west.
I think both were priced a little high. Maybe alote? Anyway thought someone mite be interested. Both are along very pretty rides. Just tell the wife you want to look at the leafs.

Gremlin
09-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Bantam, that's not to far. Guess i'll have
Take a drive up there. Was it a LHD?
Any other info on it? Thanks.
Saw a Series go by me twice last night
in Brookfield, by the YMCA.
Didn't get a chance to wave.

enovey
09-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Yank,
I saw that one on RTE 6. It was $4500 in August. "Rare vehicle". It was wasted. It was missing the floor and it was an ex plow vehicle. It still had the brackets on the frame. If someone buys that, I am putting the one in my yard up for sale.

yank
09-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Ya, It still said rare in the window.
In my humble opinion they both are worth less than half the asking price. It was raining when I stopped in Bantam. From what I could see of the frame it looked OK, but I just took a peek. The bottom of the door post's are on the way out. I could not see the footwell, dark and rain.

yank
10-02-2008, 05:21 AM
Yes it is lhd.

enovey
10-02-2008, 01:20 PM
I want to see some pictures of this new one you are talking about in Newington (before it moves to New Britain).

yank
10-03-2008, 06:38 AM
enovey
I only stopped because I thought you needed another one. Besides it only meets one of my two requirements for purchase. Req#1 its not running, but it cost more than $600. Maybe I could talk him down. Seriously I don't think its for sale

enovey
10-03-2008, 01:50 PM
I need to keep telling myself that I have enough. However, I would be open to storing one for you.
You may be able to pick it up. The "complete" one that is in my yard was first advertised at $800. A few months later I bought it for $200. Still too much, but sometimes you get lucky. You never know, some cash and catching the person in the right state of mind and you could have another rover. :D