PDA

View Full Version : Used seats/frames?

Redford
10-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone,
Long time reader, first time poster. I am in need of some seat frames for my 1964 IIA 88". I could also use some seats if anyone has some for sale? I don't have any frames, and I am missing the outer rail on the passenger side. Please email me if you have any of these items:D

Brief history: I purchased a non-running 1964 IIA back in April and have been working on and off to get it on the road. So far I've installed: water pump, fuel pump, sump gasket, fuel tank, new brake hard lines and new hoses, brake and clutch master cylinder, rebuilt the truck's Rochester B series carb, new u-joints on the propeller shafts, new headlights, and new rear wiring. I am close to getting the car on the road and just need a few bits and bobs to finish it off.

I am located in Sundance, Utah, and it started snowing this morning, so I am going to be using this truck! His name is Redford, if anyone gets the reference!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Chris

4flattires
10-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Post some pics of your ride, someone might have options for you.

Jeff

Redford
10-11-2008, 04:14 PM
I will post some pics when I get home....I don't have any available on this computer. I received some advice that early IIA's didn't have the metal box frames between the rails and seats. Is this correct?

Momo
10-12-2008, 12:18 AM
The metal box frames were part of the adjustable seat option. Not sure when they became available. In the case of non-adjustable seats, there were metal tabs that held the seats in their place at the leading edge. In any event, the box frames need a different set of rails to mount on, so if you look for used box frames, make sure you get the rails, too.

Redford
10-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Thanks!

rovertek
10-12-2008, 09:57 AM
i have early seat brackets and e-hyde seats also late seat frames and adjusters <gauto@localnet.com>