PDA

View Full Version : Auxiliary Fuel Tank Cap

hueske
10-26-2008, 10:07 AM
On a 109, how does the under seat gas cap unscrew? Mine only turns 1/8 of a turn before stopping on something. Just wanted to ask before I force and break something. Thanks.

pvkd
10-26-2008, 12:06 PM
nothing special - just anti clockwise.

Moose
10-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Well, you are half way there. I just double checked mine and it is a 1/4 turn counter clockwise from on tight to removal. Sounds like it is binding up on something.

Brett

reagd
08-19-2009, 07:15 PM
On a 109, how does the under seat gas cap unscrew? Mine only turns 1/8 of a turn before stopping on something. Just wanted to ask before I force and break something. Thanks.

You can check this post. It may serve you some info about your tank cap. Here's the link: Fuel tank cap replacement (http://www.automd.com/how-to/how-to-replace-a-fuel-tank-cap/)

scatterling
08-20-2009, 04:45 AM
the cap on one of my tanks also tends to stick when trying to open it. I turn it until it sticks and then try and pry it off ( with my hand) until it makes a popping sound. Then turn it the rest of the way and it should come right off. my 2 cents

luckyjoe
08-20-2009, 05:43 AM
The aux. tank cap, or twin military tanks' cap, is a three prong type. It sounds like it may have been forced on or off, and the prongs are out of position (or the ramps where the cap engages the fill tube are deformed). You might try a little upward, or downward pressure, as you turn it anti-clockwise to see if it pops off the obstruction.

Once you get it off, check that all three prongs are OK and the ramps are aligned properly. I had to fine tune the ramps on my fill tubes to get them to work.

Regards,