X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeizerRover
    Low Range
    • Feb 2008

Droopy Back End on Disco II

2000 Disco II, almost 100K miles, with ACE.

I have noticed recently that when my wife parks her Disco, the passenger rear side of the vehicle sits a lot lower than the rest. Would this be an indication that there is something wrong with the rear air shock system? If so, what do I need to look for to repair this issue? How serious is it?

Thanks,
    Ken
    Ken
    2000 Disco II
  • Mike Koch
    RN Sales Team
    • May 2006

REAR COIL SPRING CONVERSION KIT, DISCOVERY II

I highly recommend our REAR COIL SPRING CONVERSION KIT, DISCOVERY II.

Coil Conversion for Discovery II rear suspension. Do away with air suspension hassles and convert to coil-sprung for continued reliable performance. Kit contains Genuine parts, everything for the conversion, instructions and hardware.

Not compatible for vehicles equipped with ACE.

SKU: RNK5118
    Mike Koch

1993 Range Rover SWB
    "Backup car? Why would I need a backup car? My car backs up just fine."

Comment

• KeizerRover
      Low Range
      • Feb 2008

Mike, I appreciate the information, but as my post states, I have ACE on my rig.

Suggestions?
      Ken
      2000 Disco II

Comment

• solihull109
        1st Gear
        • May 2007

Take Mikes help advice.
        You need to " read up" on ACE , because it sounds as though you're in the dark.
        Replace the bags with coils, done. Just make sure you take the truck to someone with Autologic, and have them reset the the rear to coils, or you're compressor will continue to try and inflate bags that are no longer present. and you'll have a dead battery over and over again.
        knowledge without experience is just information.... Mark Twain

www.downeastcoachworks.com

Comment

• spacemutt
          1st Gear
          • Nov 2008

Probably an air bag leaking, possibly the valve block. Jack it up and check the bag for leaks or signs of perrishing. If buying a new one be sure to ask for a new pin at the bottom and the two clips on top. You don't need to convert to coil. It will cost more than fixing the air.

Comment

• roverformygirlfriend
            Low Range
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by spacemutt
            Probably an air bag leaking, possibly the valve block. Jack it up and check the bag for leaks or signs of perrishing. If buying a new one be sure to ask for a new pin at the bottom and the two clips on top. You don't need to convert to coil. It will cost more than fixing the air.
            water with soap in it, brush it, find leak go from there, no need to throw "spring kits" at it. you can find the bag parts all over ebay for cheap.
            2004 DII HSE for my girlfriend, no mods, yet...
            other cars and trucks, but this is a rover board.

Comment

Working...