PDA

View Full Version : Droopy Back End on Disco II

KeizerRover
10-26-2008, 07:24 PM
2000 Disco II, almost 100K miles, with ACE.

I have noticed recently that when my wife parks her Disco, the passenger rear side of the vehicle sits a lot lower than the rest. Would this be an indication that there is something wrong with the rear air shock system? If so, what do I need to look for to repair this issue? How serious is it?

Thanks,
Ken

Mike Koch
10-28-2008, 08:46 AM
I highly recommend our REAR COIL SPRING CONVERSION KIT, DISCOVERY II (http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/../store/p-5550-rear-coil-spring-conversion-kit-discovery-ii.aspx).

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/images/Product/medium/RNK5118.JPG

Coil Conversion for Discovery II rear suspension. Do away with air suspension hassles and convert to coil-sprung for continued reliable performance. Kit contains Genuine parts, everything for the conversion, instructions and hardware.

Not compatible for vehicles equipped with ACE.

SKU: RNK5118

KeizerRover
10-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Mike, I appreciate the information, but as my post states, I have ACE on my rig.

Suggestions?

solihull109
11-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Take Mikes help advice.
You need to " read up" on ACE , because it sounds as though you're in the dark.
Replace the bags with coils, done. Just make sure you take the truck to someone with Autologic, and have them reset the the rear to coils, or you're compressor will continue to try and inflate bags that are no longer present. and you'll have a dead battery over and over again.

spacemutt
11-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Probably an air bag leaking, possibly the valve block. Jack it up and check the bag for leaks or signs of perrishing. If buying a new one be sure to ask for a new pin at the bottom and the two clips on top. You don't need to convert to coil. It will cost more than fixing the air.

roverformygirlfriend
07-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Probably an air bag leaking, possibly the valve block. Jack it up and check the bag for leaks or signs of perrishing. If buying a new one be sure to ask for a new pin at the bottom and the two clips on top. You don't need to convert to coil. It will cost more than fixing the air.

water with soap in it, brush it, find leak go from there, no need to throw "spring kits" at it. you can find the bag parts all over ebay for cheap.