PDA

View Full Version : Starter Questions 1995 DISCO

silvershamen
01-02-2007, 05:55 PM
My name is Lawrence and i have a 1995 Disco. I went to start it today and nothing, i have brand new battery, new plugs, wires, cap,rotor, etc
i hve a new starter, any help on installation, i have no manual yet...
thanks for any and all help
Semper Fidelis!

JSalyer
01-03-2007, 03:11 AM
Lawrence,
Make sure all connections are clean and tight, make sure starter relay is good and clean(pull out, clean, reinstall) check all grounds etc. Check voltage at solenoid. If nothing is happening you arent getting power somewhere along the way...
Best of luck,
Jack

PS,
:( When I install a new starter I always bench test it before install, I have seen new and rebuilt starters that where hosed out of the box!!!!

singingcamel
01-05-2007, 04:28 PM
check all your connections, chances are you left something loose .if it started before the work,its something left loose.battery? does it turn over ,if not its either the battery connection or starter connection ,if it turns over but no go ,chances are there is a mix up on the low tension leads.
i always recommend ome cap and rotor, after market stuff is junk,when it comes to ignition parts that is.
3rd marine battalion golf co. 1969

dISCOISdead
01-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Make sure you're completely in Park before you try starting. If the vehicle is not securely in P, you will not be able to turn over. Good luck!