X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daurie
    2nd Gear
    • Nov 2007

Diff Identification

Where on the rear diff housing should I look for some ID numbers? Just trying to figure somethng out here. Thanks!
    '73 SIII 88"
    Turner 8:1 Engine
    NRP Exhaust
    Roverdrive
    RM Parabolics
    OME Shocks
    Warn 8274
    Pangolin4X4 bumper
  • Mercedesrover
    3rd Gear
    • Oct 2006

I've seen numbers on a couple of them but most are rusty enough you won't see them. What are you trying to figure out?
    www.seriestrek.com

Comment

• Daurie
      2nd Gear
      • Nov 2007

Jim thanks for the quick response. I'm not really trying to figure out anything too important. I was looking through the S3 Parts Catalogue and noticed different suffix diffs and looking at the minor changes in parts. I got curious and just started looking for a number on it. Mine isn't rusty at all really but mostly covered with some type of undercoating. It's a greenish blue color underneath and it has a fill plug on the diff housing. It also has a flat section with 2 bolt holes on the bottom right behind the pinion seal/drive flange. So long story short seeing the different suffix diffs just got me curious.

Thanks
      '73 SIII 88"
      Turner 8:1 Engine
      NRP Exhaust
      Roverdrive
      RM Parabolics
      OME Shocks
      Warn 8274
      Pangolin4X4 bumper

Comment

• jp-
        5th Gear
        • Oct 2006

I've had good luck reading my diff numbers. All were visible after using a wire wheel to remove the rust and mud. Located on the long side of the tube, can't remember if it's on the front or back.
        61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
        66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
        66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
        67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
        88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Comment

Working...