PDA

View Full Version : Rochester B Install help

GregSC
10-28-2008, 08:31 AM
I have a Rochester B I am planning on installing this weekend to replace a sticking Weber 34ICH. I have TerriAnn's Rochester FAQ page to use as a guide. Anyone have any photographs, advice, suggestions, additional parts needed, etc?

Thanks.

Greg Keith
Greg@uricchio.com

lrdukdog
10-28-2008, 08:44 AM
This maybe useful to you, was to me.
http://www.bayourovers.com/trick1.html
Jim Wolf

GregSC
10-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks Jim. I was hoping someone who changed from a Weber to a Rochester might have a picture. I understand from TerriAnn's instructions how to clamp the choke cable, but I'm not sure how to modify the linkage.

Greg
Greg@uricchio.com

leafsprung
10-28-2008, 09:16 PM
You are changing from an aftermarket carb to an aftermarket carb. Your setup will probably differ from other folks. You can install the rochester with the fuel inlet perpendicular to or in line with the manifolds, you can install it with the rover adaptor or without, with the linkage moving up or with the linkage moving down. Do you have specific questions about the linkage that we might be able to help you with?

GregSC
10-29-2008, 09:01 PM
When I press the accelerator pedal, the linkage moves down. The Rochester requires an upward movement. I was planning on installing it on the phenolic block with the fuel inlet in line with the manifold. I'm just not sure how to change the linkage from a downward travel to an upward travel.

The article suggested by Jim discusses turning around a bellcrank and reverse bending a tab but I am not sure what that entails. I know what and where the bellcrank is but not how to change the direction of travel. Is there a way to adapt the downward travel to the Rochester?

Thanks for your help and advice.

Greg
greg@uricchio.com

greenmeanie
10-29-2008, 09:49 PM
This may help. It was a long time ago but I sem to have had a thing for springs that day.
http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1327&stc=1&d=1225334904

CliftonRover
10-30-2008, 02:30 AM
I managed a rochester swap from a webber without using the linkage that sits next to the steering. I needed to move a return spring and make a custom length link, but that was it. Im sorry o don't have pictures, bt I simply went straight from the arm the pedal is attached to up to the carb. check it out it took me a while to see it.