PDA

View Full Version : hybrid project foundation

Leslie
01-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Anyone looking to turn a Series into a coiler?

Not mine; just passing the link along.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-Rover-Defender-D90-Chassis-Tub-Axles-and-Roof_W0QQitemZ190068057688QQihZ009QQcategoryZ6763Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

FWIW.....

o2batsea
01-09-2007, 10:34 AM
For what's shown in the auction one could source the bits for much less. The frame is only 2 grand or so brand new, the rest, well, most of us have at least that much Rover stuff in inventory.

Leslie
01-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Reserve was less than buy-it-now....

Two grand for the chassis, is about right... I'd say a thousand for a coiler salisbury was reasonable... a front axle from a rangie thrown in w/ it if you think the sals should be less, so that's at 3... A NAS90 tub, with the roof and sides... I don't see why it isn't reasonable to think that it could bring a thousand.... so, you set your buy-it-now a bit high (sometimes it will happen), have your reserve set where it should be, and see how it goes...

Anyway, as a lot, it didn't sell this time, but he did get an offer for the tub and roofs separate from, so, yes, the tub was worth a decent penny. He's gone for a couple of weeks, and will relist the rolling chassis at that point w/o the tub.

FWIW....