PDA

View Full Version : Amusing ebay things....

fruitpunch
01-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Well rather then posting the entire listing here and have everyone suspect I might be the Author of this I figured I would just post the item number.

Ebay item #: 130065685566

I doubt anyone will find this bargainous find easy to purchase after reading the ad.

Happy New Year

fruity

poko
01-04-2007, 07:28 PM
That's pretty funny. So many comments are dead on!
Chuck

Leslie
01-04-2007, 09:56 PM
:D

Oh, how funny......

I'd give a few pence for it, just because of the entertainment from the presentation in the auction.....

Too bad it's not w/in driving retrieval distance....

Rod Turnbull
01-05-2007, 06:21 AM
So I mail him a question regarding shipping...

"For a fiver and a flat of ale could you be tempted to strap enough empty oil drums to the beast to get it to float, and say push it off into the ocean for me?... I figure it could catch the Portugal current, float down the Canary current, head west on the North Equatorial current, head up the Antilles and north up the eastern cost on the Florida current, and if you left my contact info in spray painted on the side of it, someone could give me a call when it showed up our east cost some place."

Do you think I should get him to spray it with Waxoyl to protect it from the salt water on it's maiden voyage? :sly:

Rod
( I laughed so hard, I cried )

Clive
01-05-2007, 06:47 AM
That is funny - he must have had a pretty bad Land Rover experience, scarred for life!

fruitpunch
01-05-2007, 07:00 AM
FYI his reply....

Wow - have you been studying an atlas or what ? Why would you want empty oil drums, are'nt these wonderful icons of tasteless pain watertight ? I could risk it by driving it off the quay at Penzance at high speed ( for a Landy, we're only talking snail-pace !!! ) and skimming across the water until it settles - at the bottom of the sea, with the extra length snorkel and enough gas, I might drive across. I know an ex-hut hut hut Landy expert, he maybe could tell me which hole to plug - um, on the other hand, that may not be a good idea, as he seems to like gold leather trousers and has weak knees - you work it out ( sorry Al-c ? ) !!! Canada, nice little place, have you got a guest room, I fancy coming over for a year or two, I could fetch more close-ups of the Landy with me for you to look at whilst I'm out Grizzly hunting. Or, keep inviting me over and I'll bring the Landy over in pieces in my luggage - hows that ? thanks and regards Nick.

Sounds like he wouldn't mind doing a Canadian Rebuilt on his truck but the wife won't let him or was that the girlfriend ?:eek:

Rod Turnbull
01-05-2007, 08:10 AM
What ever you want to call her, we have come to an agreement that the next Rover should be and older wagon, and as soon as we buy a new place with a garage, I can 'seriesly' start looking for a new project vehicle. I don't suppose I can talk anyone here into buying a house in Niagara with no garage can I :sly:

Rod

fruitpunch
01-05-2007, 09:09 PM
I wonder if he really has a Jeep fetish or is just sad he lives in the UK... the Q&A should be on ebays best of board.

fruitpunch
01-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Hmmm all our fun was ended..... here the reason...

I am pleased to annouce I am removing this listing - as I feel the anorak brigade have not been wound up enough to buy it - so I shall re-list it at a later date, with more suggestions on the saddo situation, and with a higher starting price with a 'buy it now' - I hope you enjoyed it, and you now have more time to come up with more 'interesting' questions.

I guess now he really wants to restore it himself !... or something like that.

Rat Patrol
01-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Well for better or worse I emailed him about parting it out. I could use a set of 16" wheels:eek: