PDA

View Full Version : Truck cab type soft top

msggunny
11-14-2008, 07:49 AM
1. Does anyone cary them in the US?

2. If so, is there anything special when it comes to mounting them?

3. Do any of you have one in decent shape you may want to get rid of?

Thanks.

Terrys
11-14-2008, 08:20 AM
1. Yes, Rovers North
2. No, nothing to it.
3. you're a week too late with your post.

hughwilton
11-14-2008, 11:21 PM
I have a dark green one from Exmore Trim. For whats its worth I do not like it. I was not able to get the roof canvas tight enough and it would make a loud pop at speed. It was so annoying I had to remove it. (I have a canvas top(purchased from our host) on my 109 that is quiet. I also had issues with the hold down snaps which would pull loose from the fabric. Exmore sent me updated snaps but I don't feel like doing replacing all of them. All in all not a good experience. After this fine sales pitch I'm sure you would like to buy it.

Regards & good luck.
Hugh

Daurie
11-15-2008, 06:49 AM
I just ordered a half cab from Badger. I don't know if there are different length half cabs but the badger one requires the spacer / filler (PN 346325) to fit a PU hard cab on an 88" and it requires a secondary hoop that mounts behind the #1 hoop that the door channel ties to. Badger supplies a short spacer that ties the front hoop to the new secondary hoop. Said secondary hoop is pretty hard to locate but from what I gather any hoop will work with minor cutting and welding. Also a front hoop from an 88" 3/4 soft top will work but I couldn't locate one of these for sale as a single hoop either.